Friday, March 28, 2008

.... problems

Due to some problems with getting props that I need in order to complete the final animation project that I originally had in mind, I've decided to go in a different direction. I'm now going to be doing a non-narrative piece. I will still use the same style of animation; the piece will be a stop-motion animation using one of the figures that I was going to use in the art theft piece. I am planning on animating my character to perform the JabbaWockeez dance from the first episode of America's Best Dance Crew. If anyone hasn't seen the show, you should youtube some of the dance videos; they're amazing. The JabbaWockeez performance to a mix of Apologize by OneRepublic was my favorite dance, and this is what I will recreate in a way with my character. The piece will be only 1 min, which is much shorter than my original animation was going to be, but I think it will be more difficult to do because of the attention to detail that I'll have to get to show the movements in this dance. Timing and tempo will be crucial for this animation to be a success. So I'm going from 4 characters to 1, from 4 min to 1, and from a narrative to an expressionist piece. Wish me luck....

No comments: